Pages

Monday, March 14, 2011

Whole Wheat Banana Bread

My new challenge that I have taken on is modifying my recipes that almost everything that C monster eats has some vegetables hidden in it.  So this last week I took on my grandmother's recipe that C monster already loves and made it better and healthier. The end result is a very tasty banana bread that does not only have banana's but also sweet potato added to the batter.

Classic Banana Bread (my grandmother's recipe)
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
3 small bananas, crushed

New and Improved Banana Bread Recipe
1/4 canola oil

3/4 cup panella
2 eggs
1 1/2 whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas (about 2 large)
1 cup shredded sweet potatoes

Directions
Combine all ingredients - mix well, pour batter in greased loaf pan and bake for approximately 1 hour or until cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment