Pages

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

How much food should your 3 year old eat?

Now that I am getting the monster to eat food that is not breastmilk the question is how much should he eat and what variety? Don't get me wrong breastmilk is amazing and my little monster still nurses 4 times in a 24 hour period and will keep that up as long as he needs it. But he is almost 3 now and pre-schoolers need more then just breastmilk.

I turned to the Canada's Food Guide to find my answer. They have a great interactive tool that will do all the thinking for you...

Canada's Food Guide for a Boy or Girl age 2-3

Now that we know how many servings of food the monster should have in a day the next question is what is considered a serving for that answer check out these great charts on Canada's Food Guide Web Site.





Whenever I refer to Nutritional information at the bottom of one of my recipes the servings quantities marked are based on the links above.

No comments:

Post a Comment