Pages

Saturday, December 11, 2010

"jus rose" A.K.A Strawberry Banana Smoothie

This is one of the first smoothies I ever made for the little monster. I was at Starbucks one day and got a strawberry banana smoothie and the little monster (who was only about 13 months old) wanted to try it. I give him a little bit, and that ended up turning into half of my cup. Since he seemed to like it so much I came up with a healthier version to make at home.

"Jus Rose" - makes 2 servings


Ingredients:
1 banana
1 cup small strawberries (or large ones cut in half)
1 1/2 pears peeled and cored
1 small yogurt cup (I use an apple pear Yo Baby)
1/2 tsp bee pollen (optional)

Combine all ingredients in the cup that comes with your immersion blender and mix until smooth. If smoothie is too thick use a little bit of milk or water to thin it out.

If your little one likes popsicles this will make some awesome ones.

Also you can use all frozen fruit; just make sure you thaw it out first. What I like to do is every morning when I make my smoothie I take out the frozen fruit for the next day and place it in the fridge for the next morning's smoothie.



Nutritional Information per serving:
Approximately 1/2 serving of vegetable
Approximately 1/4 serving dairy
Approximately 2 1/2 servings of fruit

Why is bee pollen good for you? - http://www.envirobee.com/beepollen.htm

***Note***
If your child has never had bee pollen or if you are allergic to bees please introduce bee pollen gently into your diet - Start from 3 grains, increasing by 2 grains every few days until reaching 1/2 tsp. a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment