Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Manuka Honey in Ice Tea

So, you ask, where have we been? Well, we all got sick, one by one, with the flu.

One of the things I like doing when I am sick is take some Manuka Honey you want to make sure you get the highest active number that you can find.

To get it in my son when he is feeling under the weather, I make a great berry iced tea.  The tea blend I use is called Fruit Explosion from the Tea Emporium.  I make a large tea pot, about 1.5 litres, and then pour it in a heat resistant glass container and add 3 tablespoons Manuka Honey.  Let it chill to room temperature and then transfer in the refrigerator. Once cold, offer a glass now and then to your toddler.

One thing that is amazing about this tea is that it is sweet naturally, it almost has a kool-aid like taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment